Recording videos for the RFMMW MOOC will be carried out partially in the studio and partially at various locations (office/home) for scheduling/convenience reasons.
The home recording set-up is built around the following hardware (ordered as part of the MOOC package Wireless communications on Kostenplaatsnummer: 361000 and Activiteitennummer: 1005036):
- 2x Panasonic HC-VX1EG 4K Camcorder black (approx. EUR 550)
- 2x Strong and light tripod for the camera, e.g. Cullmann Concept One 625 (EUR 80)
- 2x video studiolight set Bresser BR-2250 LED striplight (EUR 175).
- 2x remote control, e.g. https://www.beslist.nl/overig/d1035838473/18_Keys_24GHz_Mini_USB_Numeric_Keypad.html?productIdentifier=00000047722417464329990340967 (EUR 20). Alternative: app StreamCopilot (android) €4.8
- 2x Webcam Logitech C922 (€100)
- 2x Magewell USB HDMI capture gen 2 (€330)
- 2x Rode bluetooth wireless go microphone (€180)
- 2x HDMI -> microHDMI cables (EUR 25)
- 2x folding bacground Bresser TR-3 1.5x2m (EUR 60)
- 4x MicroSD 128GB (EUR 40)
Total cost: EUR 1600 per set-up, EUR 3200 for 2 set-ups.
Tips & Tricks:
- Connect the hardware as shown in the diagram below:
- Unpacking the background is very easy, but packing it back into its bag is less trivial. Instructions can be found here: https://support.backdropexpress.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007592468-How-to-Fold-a-Collapsible-Backdrop
- OBS software can be downloaded from https://obsproject.com/download. Currently we are using version 24.0.1, which is also used in the tutorials below.
- Standard background:
- Standard title video:
- One-shot project file for standard title video:
- Standard title tune:
- Art of Illusion animation file for standard title animation (part of standard title video):
- Alternate title video
- OBS Concepts video:
- OBS concepts drawing:
- OBS User Interface video:
- OBS Luma key video: